The eRA Commons is an online interface where signing officials, principal investigators, trainees and post-docs at institutions/organizations can access and share administrative information related to research grants. Users can process their application in eRA Commons through the grants lifecycle from start to end.
Institutions and individuals working in a variety of roles on a grant application or award must have eRA Commons accounts in order to do business with NIH (national Institute of Health). eRA Commons accounts fall into three categories: administrative, scientific, and other.
What are the features?
eRA users, based on their role, can conduct a variety of business in commons, including:
- Track the status of their grant applications through the submission process, view errors and/or warnings and check the assembled grant image.
- View summary statements and score letters following the initial review of their applications.
- View notice of award and other key documents.
- Submit Just-in-Time information (signing officials only) requested by the grantor agency to a final award decision.
- Submit an annual progress report electronically using the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR)
- Submit the required documentation, including the Financial Status Report/ Federal Financial Report, Final Research Performance Progress Report, and Final Invention Statement to close out the grant.
- Submit Prior Approval Requests, including no-cost extensions, carryover, change of PD/PI and withdrawal of an application.