Doing Business with FEMA & How to Get Contracts
1) Have a SAM Registration & Certification (Optimized & Compliant) – enables organizations to be paid by the Federal Government – updated to include your request to participate in the Disaster Response Program
2) Detailed SBA DSBS Profile – so you can be located for No-Bid Contracts & submission to Disaster Response Registry
3) FBO Search Agent (Federal Business Opportunities emailed daily)
4) Vendor Profile Submission to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Liaison Program (ILP) with a more detailed description of your product/services/geographic areas served
5) Find out if you qualify for any Small Business Set-Asides. Both the Federal Government and Prime Contractors are required by law to award contracts to Certified Small Businesses in specific socio-economic categories (Woman Owned, Veteran Owned, Minority Owned, HUBZone, etc). There is a good chance you qualify for at least one, call to check.
6) Receive a list of DHS Prime Contractors in Disaster areas interested in Subcontracting with Certified Small, Woman Owned – WOSB, HUBZone, 8(a), Veteran Owned – VOSB / SDVOSB
7)Receive Contact Information for the Primary State Agencies spearheading Disaster Efforts (about half the money used for Recovery goes through State Agencies via Federal Grants)
8) Vendors wishing to track Agency News or Contract Vehicle Opportunities can receive Daily emails / texts with alerts of forecasts & opportunities (if available in that area)
Get Expedited Service by calling
When disasters arrive, FEMA needs services from ALL TYPES of businesses. Whether it’s construction, distribution or healthcare; there are thousands of opportunities available (Recovery takes a few years at best). The steps above not only Federally Certify your organization to immediately bid on contracts, but also gives you the proper contact . By taking these steps, it also puts your organization in place to continuously bid on future contracts & Contracting Officers can find you when looking for a Certified Vendor in a particular area. Specialty Programs (like this) work together & your status & details must be posted accurately across multiple databases to truly work together in order to help your level of success. That’s why we are here, to Help Guide You.
Why Work With the Federal Government?
The Government Needs You!
The United States Federal Government is dependent on contractors of all sizes to provide goods and services to the largest purchaser in the world. Small businesses are the most vital to this model. There are multiple Federal Regulations in place that mandate a certain percentage of ALL Federal Contracting Dollars be awarded to such. Once Certified, your competition is highly reduced.
United States Business Registration is a service firm that handles and manages the System for Award Management (S.A.M.) Registration & Certification process for contractors, vendors, non-profits and government agencies directly with the IRS and DLA. USBRI offers assistance to organizations of all sizes who provide a product or service to the Federal Government or applies for Federal Grants/Assistance/Funding. We physically prepare and process the SAM Registration & Certification filings for organizations by facilitating the entire application process and working towards the fastest approval by the IRS and DLA. We ensure proper assignment of a CAGE Code, MPIN, NAICS Codes, PSC Codes, FSC Codes and all other necessary code assignments. Once approval is received, we advise the organization as to what specific resources and databases they should be utilizing to complete their specific reason for requiring or wanting to be registered in SAM to receive Federal Monetary Payments or Funding. A dedicated CRS is assigned to all organizations for a 12 month period for assistance and guidance when needed and try to answer any question ever arising regarding Government Procurement. Whether you are already registered and need to know how to locate contracts or you are brand new to the Government Sector and wish to grow your business, a CRS will be able to assist you with all these matters and get you started in the right direction with the proper tools to be successful.